Pokimane moves on from Twitch and will now stream lessSeptember 2, 2022 Off By GamePOW
- After coming back from a break, Pokimane made an update video about herself.
- She says that she will stream less and focus on other content in other platforms such as Tiktok, Youtube and Instagram.
- One of the reasons she wants to stream less is she does not want to participate in the rat race such as Twitch and that it’s not creatively not fulfilling.
- She says that she will upload more content such as vlogs, “fit pics”, fashion, beauty, travelling, and IRL streams.
Longtime streamer and also one of the most successful ones, Imane “Pokimane” Anys has recently got back from a month long break to announce that she will be streaming less. She made it clear that she will still be streaming but will also focus making content for other platforms such as Tiktok and Instagram for example.
She starts out the video saying that she started streaming as a hobby when she was only 17 years old and turned the hobby into a full-time job at the age of 21. She is now 26 years old and has been streaming for almost a decade now.
Pokimane says that being a streamer relies heavily on feedback and comments whether from Instagram pictures, Youtube comments or Twitch chat. Feedback from these platforms is taken into account by the streamer and according to Pokimane, “When I’m constantly putting myself out there I’m not taking the time to actually reflect or grow as an individual or think about what I like.” She continues saying “For example, if people only reacted positively if I wear my hair straight or when I take photos like this or when I do that, like you kind of just figure, this is my job, I should just keep doing what performs and does well but when your job becomes such a big part of your life, you don’t realize the toll that takes on you as a person or how much that influences who you’re becoming.”
Pokimane says that she does not want to be part of the “rat race” and the hyper-competitive industry such as Twitch as the toll on streaming for hours on end can be too much for the streamer. It is not “creatively fulfilling” anymore according to her and said she wants to find time for herself such as going to the gym or going to the grocery.
“I think sometimes when you’re chronically online or chronically outputting content, it’s very easy to lose touch of who you are”Imane “Pokimane” Anys
A lot of content creators such as Twitch streamers or Youtubers burnout by constantly outputting content and grinding which in turn makes them lose passion for it. Some take breaks such as Pokimane while others quit altogether.
Pokimane says that she has “been there, done that” adding that she has played almost every large and trendy game out there.
Pokimane decided to balance things and will also now focus on other content from other platforms. She concludes the video saying that she will upload more content such as vlogs, “fit pics”, fashion, beauty, travelling, and IRL streams.
- ESGS reaches 10th year milestone of celebrating esports, games, and tech - November 1, 2023
- VCT Challengers 2024 Roadmap - October 23, 2023
- Empyrean Cup Ignites Fierce Competition in the Philippine League of Legends Community - August 31, 2023