Disney’s ‘The Little Mermaid’ live-action trailer is outSeptember 10, 2022 Off By GamePOW
- Disney just released the trailer for the new live-action movie “The Little Mermaid”.
- It stars the R&B singer, Halle Bailey as the young mermaid Ariel and joining her is Melissa McCarthy as Ursula, Javier Bardem as King Triton, Awkwafina as Scuttle, Daveed Diggs as Sebastian and Jacob Tremblay as Flounder.
- The movie will be directed by Rob Marshal.
Ariel’s “The Little Mermaid” is back on the big screen with a live-action movie adaptation of the same name. The trailer was revealed at Disney’s D23 expo showing Halle Bailey portraying as the iconic mermaid as Ariel.
The R&B singer better known as “Halle” is also one half artist duo known as “Chloe x Halle” with her sister Chloe.
The original animated movie from John Musker and Ron Clements, “The Little Mermaid” was first released back in 1989. Like many animated Disney movies, the movie was loosely based on a fairy tale. The story was based on the Danish author Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale with the same name. It tells the story of a young mermaid Ariel wanting to be free and explore the world outside of her home and wanting to know more about land and the humans that inhabit it. There she falls in love with the human Prince Eric.
Halle can be seen towards the end of the trailer singing the iconic Disney song “Part of Your World” doing the same pose as the original animated movie.
According to an interview with Variety, Halle Bailey has been a fan of the original animated film rewatching it with her family’s VHS tape. “Her sense of of longing, her searching for herself, was something that I could resonate with, she knew where she wanted to go, and she wasn’t going to let anybody stop her.”
Melissa McCarthy will be played as the villain Ursula and Ariel’s father, King Triton will be played as Javier Bardem.
Ariel’s love interest, the human Prince Eric will be played by Jonah Hauer-King. Awkwafina, Daveed Diggs and Jacob Tremblay will be playing Scuttle, Sebastian and Flounder.
The movie will be directed by Rob Marshall who also directed the 2018 musical, “Marry Poppins Returns” as well as musicals like “Chicago”.
“The Little Mermaid” will hit the theaters on May 26, 2023.
- ESGS reaches 10th year milestone of celebrating esports, games, and tech - November 1, 2023
- VCT Challengers 2024 Roadmap - October 23, 2023
- Empyrean Cup Ignites Fierce Competition in the Philippine League of Legends Community - August 31, 2023