Valkyrae wants to quit streaming and social mediaMay 1, 2021 Off By GamePOW
- Biggest female streamer Valkyrae opens up on stream to say that she dislikes social media and the pressure she gets from it.
- She continues on to say that she plans to ‘pivot’ away from social media and streaming because of all the trolls.
- Social media fame to her isn’t fulfilling and is incredibly invasive.
- She doesn’t know when she’ll make the move but she plans to focus more on business and investing in the future.
Rachel “Valkyrae” Hofstetter, a known YouTube and Twitch streamer and a recent 100Thieves co-owner, talks about quitting streaming and social media due to the pressure that she’s been feeling from online interactions. Valkyrae recently has been receiving lots of social media criticsm and has been feeling tired of having to constantly be dealt with trolls, creeps, and pressure.
Her rise to fame started when she played Among Us with big streamers. She also has been sharing a house with Pokimane but decides to leave it soon due to a leakage of their address and that she feels like she is ready for a change.
Since she also has recently just joined 100 Thieves, business ventures are starting to stir her away from streaming in which she considers greatly as a way to detach herself from the eyes of social media. On a recent stream Valkyrae explained her thinking, saying she “actually really, really, hates social media… All the trolls, and hate, and creepiness.”
She also says “I just don’t think this fame is really that fulfilling. It’s incredibly invasive. It [quitting] has been on my mind a lot…. “[This life] is so exposing, and people — especially on social media — are always looking for the worst in you. They want to find something bad about you, and actually use it against you. It’s just scary, really scary.”
In the last part of her statements, she concludes it with “I already have things in business and investing, so I can pivot when I’m ready,” said the streamer. “I have that plan, I just don’t know when I want to do it.”
- ESGS reaches 10th year milestone of celebrating esports, games, and tech - November 1, 2023
- VCT Challengers 2024 Roadmap - October 23, 2023
- Empyrean Cup Ignites Fierce Competition in the Philippine League of Legends Community - August 31, 2023